Client-side web scripting in Python?

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 4 17:56:03 EST 2002

[It appears this hasn't propagated, possibly due to the attachment, so the
demo code is now on a web site]

Rolf:

> I installed ActiveState's Python 2.1 and I can successfully write
> Python code on both the server and client sides, but I am having
> trouble doing a few things.  Python does not seem to know about the
> document object which is accessible from Javascript.  It seems
> necessary to be able to use that document object in order to modify
> the contents of the page.

   Some of my code is quite happy accessing the document object. A simple
image gallery HTA that uses document is attached to this message. The code
works with IE 6 but may have problems with other versions. I'd really like
to write a decent HTA demonstration in Python but haven't been able to think
up something that is small and useful. This demo would be much better if it
performed the search and load of image files in the background.

http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/Gallery.hta

   Also explore the win32comext\axscript\demos\client\ie directory for some
more examples.

   Neil