IDE for developing cross-platform GUI Windows/Linux/Mac apps

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Tue Jan 22 17:07:42 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:12, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:35:30 +0100, Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Granger
>
> wrote:
> > But no MacOS support from wxPython
>
> Let me see if I got this straight - if I want to have support for
> Windows, Linux/Unix and Macs without having to write the application/GUI
> three times, the way to go is still Tkinter, isn't it?   Hmm, what about
> PyQT?  Qt 3 is available for all these platforms and the PyQT binding as
> well, isn't it?  If so, the QtDesigner and BlackAdder would be good, no?
> However, is BlackAdder good?

Definitely give Qt a look-in (yes, it's available for all your target
platforms - see http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/) It's a very well
designed toolkit and the python bindings (see
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/pykde/) are excellent.

I have not used any of the gui builders for it though, so I can't comment on
them.

    Richard