Autocoding project proposal.

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Thu Jan 24 22:20:00 EST 2002

"Timothy Rue" <threeseas at earthlink.net> writes:

> >> Are you talking about a tool that produces as output, source code in
> >> some language? (Which is what, for example, my Parrot tool does).
>
> >At this point, I think he's talking about a development *philosophy*
> >without any real nuts and bolts about how to implement that philosophy.
>
> Gosh, do you think it can be done with just nuts and bolts
> (methaphorically speaking - I understand what you are saying).

Well, I don't know about the bolts, but there are definitely some nuts
involved!  There's an explanation there of how some crop circles
explain the structure of "VIC".  But, hey, you could say the same
thing about Xanadu or geodesic domes.

> http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/python/

> IQ version 0.351 which does make use of some of the facets of the
> other 8 commands.

What does it do?  (Seeing some code does make me feel a lot better.)

http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/python/KNMVIC.iq does list some
details.  There's some kinda ugly code there that implements "IQ", but
I can't really tell what it does by skimming it.

Could you post an example consisting of some input, some output, how
you get the output with IQ, and why that output is useful?

REMEMBER: There are only Nine Commands.  <-- Actual Quote from Web Site! :)