import curses -> no module named curses

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Thu Jan 24 00:28:36 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "A.M. Kuchling" <akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org>

> In article <3C4EFAE2.B8C8552B at compuserve.de>, Hans-Henning Rodeck wrote:
> > While exploring python 2.2 for Windows with : python test_curses.py, I
> > get the message: import error no module named curses.
>
> Curses isn't available for Windows.  If you want text-mode interfaces
> on Windows, you're better off using the 'console' package, available at
> http://effbot.org/downloads/ .

I had so much trouble getting the console module to work correctly,
that I wrote my own, WConio.  It works much better for me, particularly
in the interactive interpreter.

    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/wconio.html

However I'm not running 2.2 yet and so have not built this package for that
version yet.  Any volunteers?