IDE for developing cross-platform GUI Windows/Linux/Mac apps

Alexander Skwar ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com
Tue Jan 22 17:37:11 EST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:59:48 +0100, François Granger wrote:

> Yes it is. And, by the way, Tk on Mac is not even good :-(

Double urgs... :|  In how far is Tk on Mac not even good?

>>   Hmm, what about
>> PyQT?  Qt 3 is available for all these platforms and the PyQT binding
>> as well, isn't it?
>
> Is it really ?

Well, Qt3 is available for all 3 platforms, check out
http://www.trolltech.com/.  However, after browsing the PyQt/PyKDE
mailinglist a litte, I'm not so sure that PyQt 3 is a good road to go.
Quite often I found Phil Thompson (the author of PyQt 3) saying that he
hasn't yet ported PyQt 3 to Windows properly.  Furhter, how I got the
idea that PyQt 3 is available for Mac.  Well, I just found a message from
him, where he states that MacOs X support isn't available - and I suppose
MacOs 9 also: http://mats.gmd.de/pipermail/pykde/2001-December/001767.html

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: askwar at charente.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 8 days 0 hours 49 minutes