ADO/ODBC/ASP/Python error

Jason R. Coombs jaraconospam at jaraco.com
Tue Jan 8 11:28:47 EST 2002

WaldekO,

I have tried many different strings... and as you can see with the VBScript
example, the string I used does work, just not in Python.  Thanks for the
link.  I did try the examples on there (altered for my file locations, and
they don't work either).  Indeed, I get the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Jason

news:c5b3dbee.0201071850.7dcf0b56 at posting.google.com...
news:<a1dal3$e4t$1 at sass2141.sandia.gov>...
> > > <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>enter sample</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
> > <%@ language=Python %>
> > <%
> > from win32com import client
> >
> > conn = client.Dispatch("ADODB.Connection")
> > conn.open ("Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=EnvMon")
> > %>
> >
> > Error Type: Python ActiveX Scripting Engine (0x80020009)
> > Traceback (innermost last): File "<Script Block >", line 4, in ?
conn.open
> > ("Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=EnvMon") File "C:\Program
> > Files\Python\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 432, in __getattr__ raise
> > pythoncom.com_error, details COM Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
> > Data source name not found and no default driver specified
> > Jason
>
> Error message sugests that the connection string is not in correct format
> See http://www.e-coli.net/pyado.html for a nice introduction to ADO and
Python