Time for a Fresh Scheme Standard: Say Goodbye to the RnRS Relic

Brian P Templeton bpt at tunes.org
Thu Jan 3 19:59:15 EST 2002

markj+0111 at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk (MJ Ray) writes:

> Erik Naggum <erik at naggum.net> wrote:
>>  Have you thought about how _necessary_ it is for you Scheme freaks to be
>>  hostile to those who do not agree with you?  E.g., where _did_ the stupid
>>  need to attack Common Lisp now come from?  So immature and vindictive!
>
> Sorry Erik.  I attacked you, not Common Lisp.  Or are you Common Lisp
> itself?
>
>>  [...] so far, we have had a large number of Scheme freaks invade
>>  Common Lisp fora to tell us how superior Scheme is, while no Common Lisp
>>  programmers invade Scheme camps to tell you how good Common Lisp is.
>
> I can only think of one Common Lisp forum,
Then you're obviously not thinking very hard, since you just posted to
one. :)

> CLiki, and it contains little
> about Scheme.  Maybe you wish to make general Lisp fora "pure" and filled
> only with your One True Lisp?

Why do you think that CLiki -- a Wiki devoted to Common Lisp, and for
the most part consisting of resources for Common Lisp developers on
Unix -- would include Scheme information? CLiki is *specifically*
about Common Lisp, not Lisp in general.

> I've snipped the rest of your content-free post.  Followups set.
Followups ignored, since this is also relevant to Common Lisp.

--
BPT <bpt at tunes.org>	    		/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
backronym for Linux:			\ / No HTML or RTF in mail