Using Python 2.1 to download asp www pages

Zugz zugz.public at DEL-ete-MEbtinternet.com
Mon Jan 7 16:53:31 EST 2002

news:1010425977.12349.0.nnrp-02.c2463c5f at news.demon.co.uk...

urllib.urlopen("http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=panther_

'http://boards.gamers.com/user/profiling/login/cookieread.asp?action=read&de
> st_url=%2Fmessages%2Foverview%2Easp%3Fname%3Dpanther%5Fxl%26page%3D2'
> >
> > If u's .url attribute is different from the URL you told it to
> > connect to, then this usually means a redirection. In this
> > case, it seems that you have to log in, and/or that a cookie
> > is expected. urllib.urlopen is not a mini-browser, and thus
> > does not implicitly use cookies.

Well this link seems to offer some hope.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=urllib.urlopen&start=50&selm=m3ln7u7gt7.fs
f%40gondolin.beleriand&rnum=58
But out of time today.
Later.