VIM - python errors after upgrading to Python 2.2 (Windows OLE)

Jonathan Hogg jonathan at onegoodidea.com
Tue Jan 29 13:10:03 EST 2002

On 29/1/2002 15:59, in article
3281a460.0201290759.78cfcd0 at posting.google.com, "P Adhia" <padhia at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Also amazes me is the fact that if I do following while in VIM
>
> :py import sys
> :py print sys.version
>
> It still prints "python 2.1 (#15, Apr 16 2001....". From what I can
> tell, I have completely uninstalled Python 2.1. Is python support
> built into VIM OLE ?

I believe that VIM embeds a Python interpreter into itself if it is compiled
with Python support. It will still have the 2.1 interpreter compiled in,
which will now be very unhappy that the 2.1 library has disappeared on it. I
think you will need to recompile VIM pointing configure at the new 2.2
install.

Jonathan