Too many Configure events

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Fri Jan 4 18:14:47 EST 2002

I have a Tkinter program that draws a graph.  If the user grabs a
corner of the frame and resizes it I use the Configure event to clear
and redraw the graph.  In (UNIX/Solaris) OpenWindows, and FVWM, one
Configure event gets generated when the user releases the mouse
button.  But Gnome generates Configure events while the user is
resizing the frame.  How can I detect (within the Configure handler
would be nice) that the user still has the mouse button pressed and to
ignore the Configure event?  Detecting things like
ButtonPress/ButtonRelease and setting a flag doesn't seem to do it
(those events don't show up).

Thanks!

Bob