Write both in std output and in a file ?

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Thu Jan 17 19:16:28 EST 2002

Alex replied to Chris:
|> > Actually C does the auto-close also (at least on all platforms I've
|> > worked on).
|>
|> I recall reasonably-early C compilers for DOS that didn't auto-close.

I really doubt that C is doing any auto close.  On the other
hand, I really doubt that I've caught Alex Martelli in such a
misstatement, so I must be confused <grin>.

Perhaps you mean the operating system closes files on process
exit (where one could claim that early DOS wasn't an operating
system ;).
--

                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
			  Programmer, Linux Scalability