Python on Tandy Model 102?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Jan 29 15:34:14 EST 2002

[Kragen Sitaker]
> Why doesn't Python do that?  It doesn't even build a shared library of
> itself by default, let alone build a tiny executable that uses it.

If you want to contribute config patches sufficient to make it work across
all the incompatible Unix variants, be my guest.  Python does ship with a
shared DLL + tiny executable on Windows, in large part because the dozen
variants of that platform are compatible in this respect.

You're welcome to build an .so for your Unix-of-choice, of course.