Soundcard shenanigans

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Wed Jan 16 12:37:41 EST 2002

In article <5ph18.45047$h61.1632584 at weber.videotron.net>, Bryan
<bryan at eevolved.com> writes:

| On my linux i686, I tried "cat /dev/audio" but
| that didn't work either, despite the fact that the soundcard was playing at
| the time :( Help and tips would be appreciated!

there's a module called linuxaudiodev in the standard library. you
could use that.

fwiw playing and recording are separate things. some sound cards
cannot do both at the same time, so playing something while
recording could even prevent things fwom working.

(also "didn't work" doesn't give much clues as to what might
be wrong)

  -- erno