Spaces in object attribute

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 10:21:30 EST 2002

    Emile> Well I'll be damned!  Spaces are allowed on either side of the
    Emile> period as well.

    Emile> Do people really write programs that use this?  I'm not looking
    Emile> to change it, just understand why I got bit by it.  ;-)

I suspect use of whitespace around periods isn't all that common.  Lots of
people place spaces between function names and the left paren that
introduces the parameter list.  As others have pointed out, non-newline
whitespace is allowed between any pair of tokens.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)