* separated values

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 17:45:09 EST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:32:57 +0000 (UTC)
Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> Skip Montanaro wrote:
> >
> >    >> I suggest Dave Cole's csv module (fast, easy to use, appears
> >    >> complete) be added to the core:
> >
> >    Cliff> How dare you. ;)
> >
> >    Cliff> www.sf.net/projects/python-dsv/
> >
> >I wasn't even aware of your package...
>
> Perhaps adding a snippet to the Python FAQ about where to find
> implementations might help... (I still think we should have it as a
> standard thing, but...)

IMHO, I consider the Vaults of Parnassus to be the default "I'm looking for
X" place to go.  Any projects that consider themselves ready for general
consumption should get a link there.  Since it's linked to from
www.python.org, maybe just a note on the Python home page would be enough.

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer