Deltas with difflib?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Wed Jan 2 14:32:13 EST 2002

Is it possible (in any easy way) to use difflib to create deltas
(which don't include the entire contents of both the compared
files/texts)? I realise one can strip off all lines beginning with
two spaces or something, but how about using that delta to restore one
file based on the other? I guess one could insert line counts etc. The
question is basically if anyone has done this sort of thing, or if
something like it exists. (Or if I just missed some functionality :)

As is probably obvious, I'm thinking of using this in a simple custom
version-control system.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org