Update Oreilly books?

Resty Cena rcena at epcor.ca
Wed Jan 2 13:16:24 EST 2002

llewin at oreilly.com (Laura Lewin) wrote in message news:<47d2cd7c.0112171300.3c3483e9 at posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I wanted to write to respond to the comments on ORA books.  First off,
> thanks for writing about this.  I take your comments very seriously,
> and try to incorporate your suggestions whenever possible.
>
> We aren't updating Programming Python right away.  The author is
> currently working on the update to Learning Python.  Please note that
> when we do update Programming Python again, we will make sure to put
> some language reference in the book, along with the tools and
> applications.  I understand that folks are missing this, and we will
> meet the needs of readers.  Please feel free to email me with any
> other comments or suggestions.
>
> Laura
> LLewin at oreilly.com

Hi,
I'd prefer for the Pocket Reference to have an index. Typically I
don't know which Table of Contents entry a topic is under. Also, tiny
examples would be nice to have. For example, given the syntax:
chdir(path), a beginner typing in chdir('c:\myprojects') would get an
error. I know what I want to say, and I go to Pocket to find out how
to say it. (I know this is encroaching on David Beazely's book.)
rmc