Amount of data that can be transfered between a client and a server.

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Sat Jan 5 21:02:44 EST 2002

On 5 Jan 2002, Venkat Venkataraju wrote:

> I was wondering whether someone could help me to write a small python
> clinet that can recive data of size more than 16K.
>
> If the data is more than 16K, the remaining data is ignored. i was
> trying to find some way to fix it, but ivnt found one.

Hi Venkat,

How about posting the code that's giving you trouble, as there is no limit
to how much data you can transfer. Assuming you're just using plain old
sockets, you need to keep calling the socket's recv() method until you
have all the data. Also, check the return value from the server's call to
send(), because it will tell you how many bytes were sent (it doesn't
necessarily send the entire string).

-Dave