Mono and Python

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Fri Jan 4 07:24:47 EST 2002

> "Samuele Pedroni"
> > That sounds pretty "intimidatory".  Anyway I repeat,
> > you probably don't need any kind of hero, just a bunch
> > of more or less motivated people.
> >
> > Jython is 35 KLOC of core plus 10 KLOC
> > for the built-in modules and I'm counting blank
> > lines too ;).
> >
> > Writing it was a *big* *thing* from the part
> > of Jim Hugunin (btw all my acknowledgements),
> >  but now every one can read the code,
> > it's prior art.
> >
> > I think that probably much of the ideas and code in Jython
> > have a straightforward translation to C#/CLR/.NET...
> >
> > You can also try other approaches and someone
> > brilliant will do that ... but this is a doable path.
>
> Sounds like a plan! Sure you don't want to give it a go?  ;-)

I hope that the <wink> means
you're rhetoric question knows its answer, namely:
no.

Anyway if you read carefully, that's the plan for
a bunch of motivated people. Am I a bunch
of people? and motivated?

I already do my little coding with other people
for "multi-platform" python, I wish I could
do more in my directions,
but I feel
not too much guilty indicating
reasonable plans for
other motivated parties with different
interests <wink>.

We have chatted enough. Really this is
going from nowhere to nowhere.
Just chatting: that's the nature of
usenet when someone does not
eventually tries things out (at a terminal
if it's hacking).

Although if someone has a *concrete*
point to make, then he should. I made
mine.