Upgrade to 2.2?

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 13 07:36:25 EST 2002

Richard Jones || Sun 13 Jan 2002 12:09:31a:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:48, Philip Swartzleonard wrote:
>> I am currently using python 2.1.1 for a small-with-intent-to-grow
>> project, using wxpython, pyopengl and context, and PIL; and possibly
>> pygame and numeric in the future. Should i upgrade now? I'm mainly
>> concerned that there dosen't seem to be a py2.2 specific PIL available
>> yet, but what kind of problems can i expect from 2.1 libraries? What
>> are the key benefits and what are the key incompatibilites that i
>> would probably run into?
>

> If you're more concerned with new features over stability, go with 2.2.
> If you're more concerned about stability over features, go with 2.1 :)

I guess what i'm most concerned about is working on a living project far
into the future and at the same time keeping the enviroment i'm building it
in up to date. I think i'll keep my current version (well, i have 2.1.1; is
there a way to upgrade without having to reinstall every module i've ever
installed?) until I understand what the new goodies are, but... I think
i'll go to sleep and try to figure out what my real question is =)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: <nothing>