Favorite shortcuts to a web page

Greg Krohn infinitystwin.SPAM at IS.BAD.yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 17:28:01 EST 2002

"DStone" <dddstone at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:adc8d558.0201251302.55d37d4d at posting.google.com...
> I am trying to compose a script in Python that will read the shortcuts
> in my IE Favorites folder and compile them in an HTML page, each
> folder's shortcuts being nested beneath the layer above.
>
> I have been unable to elucidate how to make my script drill down into
> multiple subfolders and properly form a web page.  I can produce an
> indented list of folders and their subsequent subfolders, OR I can
> make a nice HTML page with one folder's worth of favorites outputted
> in list style, BUT I cannot seem to get both done.
>
> Anyone have such a script or can help?
>
> Thanks
> -D

Sorry, I don't have a script for you. But I will recommend HTMLgen for
creating your output. It's UL class takes a nested list as an arg. You can
use os.walk to make your list.

HTH
greg

Oh, and HTMLgen can be found here: