Ignorance is not bliss

Mark Sass sassman at nucentrix.net
Fri Jan 25 22:30:05 EST 2002

Hello,
    I am trying to use threads to make something happen in parallel, and my
poor procedural driven mind is lost.  Basically, I want to write to two
separate databases using the mxODBC driver at the same time and be able to
compare the return values to insure that the writes succeeded (the same
number of writes are done to each database).  When I use threads to do this,
I cannot seem to make it work.  I was doing the writes serially, but I ran
into problems on large updates taking too long causing data problems, so I
need the writes done in parallel.  I guess my mind was not made for parallel
operations.  Can anyone point me to an example of parallel actions ?  I am
doing this on Win2k if it matters.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark