Python, GDBM and Cygwin

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Wed Jan 30 07:24:07 EST 2002

Godefroid,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:29:17AM +0100, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> >When trying the test_gdbm.py of Python 2.2, I get a
> >
> >gdbm fatal: read error
> >
> >message.
> >
> >Can someone point me a resource which could help me ?

Sorry, but the following may not be of much help...

Since I'm the Cygwin Python maintainer, I frequently run the regression
test suite.  I have never had a test_gdbm failure.  Possibly this is
because I run exclusively with binary mode mounts, NT/2000, NTFS, and
ntsec.  What is your setup?  I would anticipate problems with (at least)
text mode mounts and non-NTFS file systems.  I also suggest searching
the Cygwin mailing archives to see if there are any known gdbm issues.

HTH,
Jason