Autocoding >Re: "Introduction to Ethics",

Peter Seebach seebs at plethora.net
Mon Jan 28 00:59:10 EST 2002

In article <m3u1tb85zp.fsf at chvatal.cbbrowne.com>,
Christopher Browne  <cbbrowne at acm.org> wrote:
>The way that free software projects succeed is when people release
>actual software that _works_.  It doesn't forcibly have to work
>_well_; it doesn't have to be as fully featured as it might, someday,
>become.

Exactly!  I wrote some code to talk to a little USB widget.  When I had
a vague sense of "wouldn't this be cool", it was stupid.  When I could
actually make the widget do things, it became interesting.  Now, if I
put something together, I could expect to see it show up in a kernel
somewhere.

-s
   Copyright 2001, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / seebs at plethora.net
   $ chmod a+x /bin/laden      Please do not feed or harbor the terrorists.
     C/Unix wizard, Pro-commerce radical, Spam fighter.  Boycott Spamazon!
Consulting, computers, web hosting, and shell access: http://www.plethora.net/