Tkinter vs. wxPython

Armin Steinhoff a-steinhoff at web.de
Fri Jul 19 05:41:30 EDT 2002

"Gabe Newcomb" <Gabe.Newcomb at noetix.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1027027317.26378.python-list at python.org>...
> Ack!
> 	I've been trying to get into wxPython, but I'm finding the lack
> of documentation difficult. There's some, and I'm very grateful for
> everybody who's contributed it, but I'm somebody who really likes having
> a decent reference and more examples.

IMHO ... more examples means only more confusion.
What is needed is a good formal documentation ... like the Qt docs.

> My question is this: is there any compelling reason I shouldn't just go
> with Tkinter instead? I work (for now) exclusively on Win32 boxes, by
> the way.

I have recently switched from wxPython to PyQt because of the very
weak docs of wxPython.

PyQt is a stable and good documentated alternative ... the current
version works very well.

Armin