Python script that writes to an Excel file

David Rushby woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 27 16:49:04 EDT 2002

"Jeffrey Keil" <keilj_33 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd like to have a Python script open a text file, process the data in
> the text file and then write a report to an Excel file.

  It sounds to me as though what you intend to do might be more complex than
a CSV-based solution could comfortably solve (in that you want to "process"
the data with Python, then create a "report" with Excel).  However, if
CSV-import *is* sufficient, it's much simpler than using COM to automate
Excel from Python.

  If you do need to use COM automation, there was a recent thread on the
topic:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=e
6e69b35daac4772&seekm=7876a8ea.0207221138.66a3a5b%40posting.google.com#link1