good books

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Wed Jul 24 04:40:43 EDT 2002

http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/~beazley/tutorial/beazley_advanced_python/advpy.pdf
> http://diveintopython.org/
> http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/dist/
> http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython.html
> http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython
>
> because i'm also looking for "The" python's book but i'm tired to buy this
> expensive books that i use only a few times and less that some internet
> links...

By the way, while probably not a saving of money, if you prefer online
material consider O'Reilly's "Safari" offering.  Several other publishers
are together with O'Reilly's in the "Safari" scheme, but I'm not familiar
with the other publishers' online offerings -- I do know however that
O'Reilly's are excellent.  I love books, real, solid, physical paper
books -- my house and study are both chock full of them -- but online
material does have its own pluses too.  People with eyesight problems
are probably most sensitive to those pluses -- the worse your eyesight,
the more the possibility of using screen readers appeals.  But even
for you eagle-eyed guys, such pluses as searching and copy-and-paste
should not be ignored.

Alex