Newbie - help request with serial line (termios?) setup in Python 2.2

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat Jul 27 14:22:13 EDT 2002

billintucson at yahoo.com (Bill Gillespie) wrote in
news:4860ce4f.0207271004.4cbc8880 at posting.google.com:
> I'm trying to open a serial line on a SunOs using python 2.2.
> I'm new to programming, and fairly new to unix/linux. I have the two
> pink Oreilly Python books and have read a couple of tutorials - but I
> am a newbie.

 welcome

> After much googling (there is not a lot of novice python/unix/termios
> info out there) - this is what I think? I should be doing....
>
> Open the line
> Configure the line? termios??
> Communicate with the line (ASCII charachters < > at 4800)
> Close the line

ok, i make it short... you could use my library http://pyserial.sf.net
if, for some reason, you still want to do it by hand, you can at least look
at the sources.

(you may need to specify the port by name:
s = serial.Serial('/dev/ttyC43', baudrate=4800, timeout=1))

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>