Mastering Regular Expressions 2nd Ed.

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Jul 23 01:23:02 EDT 2002

"David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net> wrote:

>Book. It's out. From O'Reilly. See
>http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2002/07/15/regexp.html
>
>Claims extensive Python re coverage. In addition to the other usual
>suspects, also covers Java, Ruby, php and .net.
>
>Hope it's as good as the first one was/is!

Hear, hear.  My colleagues scoffed when I bought it, thinking that the
subject surely couldn't be worthy of an entire book.  They were wrong.  It
is a valuable reference that I keep close by.

The multi-thousand byte full expression to match a valid RFC822 e-mail
address was practically worth the price all by itself!
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.