automating command line program

Victor Chen vchen at meetingmaker.com
Fri Jul 12 10:39:13 EDT 2002

Hi,
 I'm fairly new to python and I've been trying to automate the usage of a command line prompt program and I'm able to successfully run the application from command line but once the program has launched, I'm unable to enter anymore commands into the program. I've basically just tried using os.system, os.popen, and print statements. Is there other python commands that will allow me to do this? I've looked around the web and I've found a module, Expect, that may be able to help me but I'm unable to find a windows version of this module for python. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Victor