Moving list entries from one list to another

JB jblazi at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 13 16:37:44 EDT 2002

Emile van Sebille wrote:

> JB
>> I have two lists <list1> and <list2>. The entries of
>> these lists have the format (id,rest), where <id> is a
>> natural number. The list are sorted, the key is <id>.
>
> Your use of the term 'key' here is throwing me.  Lists
> don't have keys,
> dicts do.  Dicts aren't sorted.  ;-/

The list entries are tuples. The first element of a tuple is
the sorting key. It is a natural number n, 0<=n<N, where N
is the number of all entries. Some of the entries are in
list1 and some of them in list2. I am working on a list
view widget. list1 contains "visible lines" and list2 the
invisible lines. The moving between the lists is brought
about by changes of a user defined filter.

--
Janos Blazi