Python for data driven website?

Thomas Guettler zopestoller at thomas-guettler.de
Fri Jul 12 05:08:39 EDT 2002

Micah Mayo wrote:

> Howdy Folks,
>
> My company is in the early stages of building a web application for
> accountants.

If you have more layout (html) than logic (programming language) than use
php. I don't like to say that, because python is the better language.
But zope and webware are not that easy.

Except: If there will be a lot of people how edit the site use Zope
  and ust dtml and zpt through the web

If you have more logic: Use pyhton's CGI-Module. Search the web for
some examples. There is trick with a small wrapper-script which contains
only a try: catch clause so that errors in you python will result be written
to the browser (Otherwise your stacktrace gets lost)

If you don't want to use a relational database use Zope and write a
python product. But that's interesting but not good for newbies.
Hint: A Zope python product is totaly different from a through the web created
site.

thomas