string encoding - how to make it work

Henry Baumgartl h.baumgartl at chello.NOSPAM.nl
Wed Jul 17 09:11:00 EDT 2002

"Martin v. Löwis" <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> schreef in bericht
news:j4heiyfu0e.fsf at informatik.hu-berlin.de...

> No. You have to know what encoding the terminal uses. Some terminals
> have no programmatic way to find out. So this isn't just possible in
> Python; it is impossible in any language.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

OK

Still, what i can't get my head around is that when entering short cut
generated extended characters into, for instance, IDLE it works without any
problem.

It is only when i try to save it that the Error is raised.

Kind Regards,
Henry

Please remove NOSPAM. from my e-mail address when answering directly to me.