Tkinter vs. wxPython

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 18 18:18:13 EDT 2002

Gabe Newcomb wrote:

>         I've been trying to get into wxPython, but I'm finding the lack
> of documentation difficult. There's some, and I'm very grateful for
> everybody who's contributed it, but I'm somebody who really likes having
> a decent reference and more examples.

Do you mean more examples than the massive demo program for wxPython?
I don't think I've found almost anything not covered by something in that
code yet.

> My question is this: is there any compelling reason I shouldn't just go
> with Tkinter instead? I work (for now) exclusively on Win32 boxes, by
> the way.

I switched to wxPython for reasons which were, to me, compelling, but
they simply related to my failure to get acceptable looking and performing
results under Tkinter.  Note I said it was my failure, not Tkinter's...

-Peter