Pmw.MenuBar hotkeys

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Tue Jul 30 07:49:23 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 30 Jul 2002 8:35 am, Matthias Huening wrote:
> Martin Franklin <mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com> wrote in
>
> news:mailman.1027968050.16442.python-list at python.org:
> > On Monday 29 Jul 2002 6:23 pm, Matthias Huening wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I seem unable to get the hotkeys to work with Pmw.MenuBar.
> >> They should be activated with <ALT>+hotkey, but nothing happens...
> >> When a menu is opened, the hotkeys of the different menu items do
> >> work. The problem is only with the hotkeys on the menu bar. Any
> >> ideas?
> >>
> >> Matthias
> >
> > Matthias,
> >
> > Have you got a small example?  I think I've had these working.....
>
> Okay, here is a minimal example.
> (By the way: WinXP, Python 2.1, Pmw 0.8.5)
>
> Matthias

This last bit on information is the problem (Windows!!!!)  I can get your
example working on Linux without change but on windows (2000 in my case) I
can't.  I dug around google but can't find a solution, idle uses Tkinter
Menu's and it works there but I don't understand the code! Sorry I can;t be
of more help

Martin