__call__ bad style? (was Re: Callable modules?)

Ben Wolfson wolfson at midway.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 26 13:57:02 EDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:00:33 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:

>AND because the "you" is actually redundant if I understand
>"slang grammar" correctly (isn't the great song's title just
>"Ain't Misbehavin'" without any pronoun?-).  But that's by the
>by.

"Ain't" can be used with any subject in incorrect English, actually.  I
don't know "Ain't Misbehavin'", but the subject of the song "Ain't
Superstitious" is "I", frex.  That does mean, though, that if you just say
"ain't" without a subject, it will probably be understood to be "whatever
it is we're talking about right now ain't _____".

--
BTR
You're going to set me up as a kind of slovenly attached pig that