Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread with extension module

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sun Jul 7 16:35:08 EDT 2002

I'm trying to compile a new extension module (based on mx.TextTools),
and I'm discovering that the programme gets a Fatal Python error after
completing a test suite (likely during cleanup of the various modules).
  I'm trying to figure out what the error really means, and in which
crack I should put my finger to stop the dike from bursting.  Is there a
guide/guidelines/helpful-elf-who-sneaks-into-the-shop-at-night for
debugging this kind of error anywhere?

S:\sp\simpleparse\tests>mx_flag.py
Ran 6 tests in 0.000s

OK
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

abnormal program termination

Help appreciated,
Mike
   Mike C. Fletcher