are win32com definitions from adovbs.inc accessible to Python or do I have to transcode them?

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Sun Jul 7 15:10:44 EDT 2002

I think this is what you are asking ... have you run MakePy and looked in
the generated code (in ..\gen-py)?  they should be there, and they should be
accessable.  the only caveat is that MakePy will need to be run wherever you
install.  i prefer, however, even after running MakePy, to just add a
comment as to what they are in case makepy support disappears somewhere
(usually from upgrading python and forgetting to re-makepy).

>>> CMD.CommandType = 0x1  # adCmdText
>>> RS.CursorType = 3      # adOpenStatic

but you can get to them via ...

>>> win32com.client.constants.adCmdText
1
>>> win32com.client.constants.adOpenStatic
3

which sems like a lot of typing to me. (also, note that the "c" in constants
is lowercase.)

-d

news:3d272a2b$0$4298$afc38c87 at news.easynet.co.uk...