Anybody using 4suite for xslt processing?

Jonathan Hogg jonathan at onegoodidea.com
Fri Jul 19 11:35:10 EDT 2002

On 19/7/2002 15:44, in article ah98hv$rfsrm$1 at ID-108329.news.dfncis.de,
"Marko Faldix" <mf at mrinfo.de> wrote:

> sometimes I think I am first man on earth want to process xslt.
>
> I got python on windows 2000 Server with iis and 4suite, I could change to
> linux if necessary.

Heh. Maybe not the first man.

I gave up trying to get 4Suite to work. I couldn't get it to build cleanly
(failed on building the documentation) and had to manually install it. After
that I tried the simple example from their instructions and it died - a
similar missing attribute error, but somewhere deep in the code. I've tried
wading through it to see what's going on, but it proved to be too
impenetrable.

I have no idea what's going on in the PyXML-SIG at the moment, but there
seem to be plenty of choices when it comes to XML toolkits. I think my next
move is going to be to play with a SWIG version of libxslt, Sablotron, or
Xalan:

    <http://xmlsoft.org/>
    <http://www.swig.org/>
    <http://www.gingerall.com/charlie/ga/xml/p_sab.xml>
    <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/index.html>

It looks like someone has already had a go at libxml/libxslt:

    <http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/>

so I'll probably start there.

Let me know if you get anywhere with 4Suite.

Jonathan