openprojects python room is ruled by dangerous people

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Tue Jul 9 09:50:52 EDT 2002

In article <agekj5$5lm$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>, m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
(Martijn Faassen) writes:

| They do kick you out a bit readily, I agree. I got somewhat annoyed
| when I got kicked out while apologizing for spamming with a misfired
| copy & paste buffer.

it seems to be a part of the life cycle of an irc channel. first
it is only a few people with an intimate atmosphere, then it starts
attracting lots of people because of the friendly atmosphere, and
in a while the intimate atmosphere gradually dissolves. then
the "old timers" leave or start policing with an iron fist...

it doesn't always go like that, but often.

  -- erno