Python in the enterprise: Pros and cons

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jul 11 09:04:48 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1026383298.22705.python-list at python.org>,
Bo M. Maryniuck <b.maryniuk at forbis.lt> wrote:
>On Thursday 11 July 2002 11:47, Tim Peters wrote:
>> > What the buzzword "the enterprise" is?
>> It's an especially annoying American buzzword for "business use, as opp=
>osed
>> to consumer, research, or educational use". =20
>
>Ah, Bill Gates buzzword again. Excuse me... Therefore according to this=20
>explanation, seems that LISP or Scheme are enterprise too, except of=20
>"high-phrases" AKA "...our very educated managers...", "...our high=20
>business...", "...our success in the market..." and so on.
			.
			.
			.
While you probably recognized the humor in timbot's
reply, it's hard to appreciate from the outside its
analytic perfection.  His definition PRECISELY cap-
tures the arrogance and anti-intellectualism that
"enterprise" generally bears.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net