beginner's question

jano jnana4 at DELETEhotmailCAPS.com
Wed Jul 31 02:33:06 EDT 2002

"Jonathan Hogg" <jonathan at onegoodidea.com> wrote in message
news:B96C0D6C.EC62%jonathan at onegoodidea.com...
> On 30/7/2002 4:54, in article 66o19.694966$352.150300 at sccrnsc02, "jano"
> <jnana4 at DELETEhotmailCAPS.com> wrote:
>
> > /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Ft/Lib/TestSuite does exist, and I am
> > uncertain why python does not see this.  I would expect python to check
in
> > the /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages directory to look for 'Ft', but it
> > doesn't seem to be doing this.  I am probably making a silly mistake,
and
> > any help would be appreciated.
>
> Try checking first that you're running the right Python (or the test
script
> is) - just in case you have two copies installed. Then try invoking Python
> (the right one ;-)) and do:

> [ .... ]
> >>>

> to see where it's looking for modules.

Hmm, thanks for your help.  I did as you suggested.  I do have 2 versions
installed, but verified that it was running the correct version (1 is 2.1
under cygwin, and the other is 2.2 under win2k), and it was running 2.1 as
is correct.  And checking sys.path shows that the directory that contains Ft
(/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages) is in the path.  Any other suggestions?