What went wrong in Python1.6 ?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri Jul 12 07:29:31 EDT 2002

Rhymes <raims at dot.com> wrote:
> Now I ask my self: what went wrong in that release? Where i could find
> some further infos about this "miscarriage" ?

As far as I know, nothing was really "wrong" with 1.6, other than
timing.  IIRC, the final release announcement for 1.6 came out the very
same day that the alpha 2.0 release announcement was made.  Most people
were running 1.5.2 and didn't see the point in upgrading to 1.6 now and
then 2.0 a short time later, so they just waited for 2.0 to go final.