Float class with infinity and stuff, interval computations

Gerald Squelart squelart at hotmail.nospam.com
Wed Jul 24 22:02:19 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Before I start coding away, I'd like to know if there's a module that
implements a float-like class that includes +/-infinity, NaN and possibly
+/-overflow.
I had a quick look at the Vault, but didn't see anything like that.
If it effectively does not exist, is anybody be interested? (i.e. should I
publish it?)

Looking at the bigger picture (wow, sounds serious ;-), I'm working on an
interval computations class. Same questions as above...

Cheers,
Gerald.