newbie problems with Tkinter

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Mon Jul 22 17:24:09 EDT 2002

Peter Wichert <pwanon at web.de> wrote in
news:nashha.hp1.ln at localhost.my.domain:
> I installed python 2.2.1 on my freebsd4.5 and tried some examples from
> my new python-book. But I couldn't get it running.
>
> 1) Using module "Tkinter" is the first problem. Doing it twice seems
> to be better:

no that's an illusion. when the import fails, an empty or partly
initilized module object exists. importing modules more than once does
nothing, as its already loaded (even if its empty, due to errors).
reload(modulename) does realy load again.

> ImportError: No module named _tkinter

you have an installation problem. the error does mean that the pyd/so file
_tkinter.so is missing. maybe the tkinter stuff is in a separate
install/package.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>