calling a java app from python

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Mon Jul 1 03:01:13 EDT 2002

> From: Anoop P B [mailto:anoop79 at myrealbox.com]
>
> is there no way of doing this cross-platform?
>
> Can someone please throw some light on possible solutions to this
> problem. My ultimate aim is only to run the java program through my
> python script. However, I cannot use os.system() since my
> python program
> gets blocked which is not acceptable. I need my python script to call
> the java program and continue executing.
>
> note: the java class is in the same directory in which my
> python script lies

http://www.jython.org/

// TestJava.java

public class TestJava
{
   public static final void main (String[] args )
   {
      System.out.println("TestClass.main()");

      for (int i = 0; i < args.length; i++)
      {
         try
         {
            Thread.currentThread().sleep(0);
         }
         catch (InterruptedException ix )
         {
         }

         System.out.println("    " + args[i]);
      }
   }
}

# TestPy.py

import threading
import time
import TestJava

t = threading.Thread(None, TestJava.main, None, (['1', '2', '3',],))
t.start()

print 'TestPy'

for c in 'abcdef':
    time.sleep(0)