Passing SAFEARRAY data type from win32com.client

Steve Greiner steve_greiner at pobox.com
Sat Jul 13 22:56:29 EDT 2002

I am trying to automate Internet Explorer, and I need to use the Post
function.  I can get IE to send a Post-method request, but the data
that it sends appears to be intrepreted as an incorrect type; in fact,
if I try to send a single character, it actually thinks it should send
16 bytes.  It appears to me that the value I'm passing as the Data
parameter is being passed as the wrong type.  IE expects a SAFEARRAY
data type, and I think I've tried every Python type, but none of them
seems to convert correctly.  I am using win32com.client with makepy
(thought I've also tried it without makepy).  Can anyone tell me if
I'm attempting the impossible, or should I dig in and figure out what
I'm doing wrong?