Win32 Registry Manipulation w/PythonWin?

James J. Besemer jb at cascade-sys.com
Wed Jul 10 21:11:43 EDT 2002

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> I want to write a program which goes to specific registry locations and
> scrubs out the MRU cruft left behind by so many programs.  So, for example,
> say I've edited a bunch of Word docs, I want to run a script from the scheduler
> which periodically goes in and removes the MRU entries.

Yeah, sure.  I bet what you REALLY want is to scrub your MRU list of all those Porn
pix you downloaded.  ;o)

Anyway the win32api module that comes with the standard pythonWin distribution
includes all (IIRC) the registry functions.  There's a help file that documents the
calls.

Whatzizname's Python Windows book is worthwhile if you're doing much.

[ Doesn't this belong on c-l.py? ]

Regards

--jb

--