embedded python question

Keith S. keith_s at ntlworld.nospam.com
Fri Jul 26 07:54:43 EDT 2002

Chris Liechti wrote:

> just return some real data, "print 'hello'\n" or so.
> and i think you can exit the interactive loop by raising an EOFError
> exception.

Unfortunately returning any real data still loops.
I guess interact is not what I'm looking for, then.

I want a C function (that is a Qt slot which responds
to a signal that the user has hit return in a QLineEdit
widget) to send a string to the Python interpreter
in much the same way as the interactive shell does,
with the interpreter waiting for more input if required.

- Keith