GUI toolkits

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Wed Jul 24 08:15:24 EDT 2002

Stefano Vedovelli wrote:

> Hello all
>
> in my spare time I am writing a tool in python, with the intention of
> deliver it under GPL.
>
> I am now starting to approach the GUI part. I have read a lot about
> Tkinter, PyQT and wxWindows, but I am now actually even more confused.
>
> As the interface will be "quite" rich, I'd like to know the opinions of
> people who already faced this decision, which tool they have chosen and
> why.

PyQt, because Qt is the richest and fastest.  Dunno 'bout the license
situation though -- I'm pretty sure you're OK with GPL for Qt-using
stuff on (e.g.) Linux, but on Windows it might be different (alas,
Trolltech's license lawyers have weaved a thick thicket there, sigh).

For Python discussions in Italian, by the way, I suggest: